Earlier last month, Google launched a new kind of ad format which allows you to enter several different combinations, adwords then selects the best performing combination. These ads that use Google’s machine learning to optimize and give us the most relevant ad are called “Responsive search ads”.
So what exactly are Responsive Search Ads and how do they differ from other ads ?
Responsive search ads can feature 3 headlines and 2 ninety character descriptions. You can A/B test your ads by setting up as many as 15 headlines and 4 descriptions.
Here are 5 best practices :
- Set at least 8-10 headlines
- Try to make headlines distinct from each others
- Include keywords 2 headlines
- Exclude keywords from 3 headlines
- Add at least 2 distinct descriptions